Tiếp tục chuỗi các blogs chia sẻ về từ vựng của các chủ đề Speaking trong IELTS, hôm nay bài blog này của NGOC ANH IELTS tiếp tục gửi đến các bạn rất nhiều từ và cụm từ hay về chủ đề Appearance – một chủ đề tuy nhỏ nhưng bổ trợ rất nhiều cho các bài nói thuộc các chủ đề khác nữa nhé!
Một số danh từ/cụm danh từ
- Cropped hair (n): very short hair – tóc téng
E.g: She hates long hair so she decides to dress herself with cropped hair.
- Disheveled hair (n): untidy hair – tóc tai lộn xộn
E.g: She never leaves home with disheveled hair.
- Fair hair (n): light-coloured hair – tóc nhạt màu
E.g: She looks so attractive in her fair hair.
- Complexion (n): natural skin colour and texture – mặt mộc
E.g: She has a lovely complexion.
- Medium height (n): average height – chiều cao trung bình
E.g: She has slender body with medium height.
- Pointed face (n): the opposite of a round face – mặt dài nhỏ
E.g: He has quite a pointed face.
- Shoulder-length hair (n): hair that comes down to the shoulders and no further – tóc ngang vai
E.g: she has shoulder-length hair.
- Slender figure (n): a figure that is tall and slim – dáng người thon thả
E.g: The women who have slender figures will be proud of themselves a lot.
- Slim figure (n): attractively thin – dáng người mảnh khảnh
E.g: She has a slim figure which appeals to my attention.
- Thick hair (n): a lot of hair – tóc dày
E.g: She has a friendly round face framed by thick blonde hair.
- Youthful appearance (n): to look young – ngoại hình trẻ trung
E.g: She has a youthful appearance despite her age.
Một số động từ/cụm động từ
- To make up (v): To use cosmetics – trang điểm
E.g: She always spends hours making up before going out.
- To bear a striking resemblance (phrasal verb): to look very similar to – trông giống
E.g: I’ve always thought she bears a striking resemblance to someone on TV.
- To be getting on a bit (phrasal verb): to be getting old – trở nên già đi
E.g: My father’s getting on a bit about 60s years old.
- To go grey (v): to have hair that is turning grey – tóc ngả màu (chỉ sự già đi)
E.g: We all go grey when we get older.
- To grow old gracefully (phrasal verb): to act in a way that embraces the fact you are getting older – chấp nhận sự già đi
E.g: I think we just need to grow old gracefully and not worry too much about how we look
- To look young for your age (phrasal verb): to look younger than you are – trông trẻ hơn tuổi
E.g: He looks very young for his age.
- To lose one’s figure (phrasal verb): to have a figure that has lost its toned shape – mất nét/dáng
E.g: We start to lose our figure comparing to the time when we were young.
- To never have a hair out of place (phrasal verb): perfectly styled hair – tóc tai gọn gàng
E.g: She always takes pride in her appearance that she never has a hair out of place.
- To wear glasses (v): to use spectacles – đeo kính
E.g: He wears glasses and always seems to have a different pair on every time I see her.
Một số idioms
- To dress up to the nines (id): to dress very smartly or glamorously – mặc đẹp
E.g: I really don’t see the point in getting dressed up to the nines unless you’re going somewhere special.
- To get done up (id): to dress smartly – mặc chỉnh chu
E.g: Some people get done up just to go to the shops.
Một số cụm tính từ
- To be fair-skinned (adj): light skinned – da sáng màu
E.g: He’s also quite fair-skinned compared to me.
- To be good looking (adj): to be attractive – ưa nhìn
E.g: It seems women especially are taken more seriously if they are good looking.
- Scruffy (adj): dressed untidily – luộm thuộm
E.g: You shouldn’t go out looking scruffy.
- Middle-aged (adj): approximately between 45-65 – trung niên
E.g: She’s middle-aged but she looks very young.
- To be overweight (adj): to weigh more than is regarded as healthy – béo
E.g: She’s a little overweight, I suppose but not too much.
- To be well-built (adj): to be muscular – cơ bắp
E.g: He still does lots of exercise and is quite well-built.
Vậy là NGOC ANH IELTS đã giới thiệu đến các bạn các từ vựng liên quan đến topic Physical Apperance rồi, còn về tính cách con người thì sao nhỉ? Các bạn hãy chờ đón bài viết từ vựng IELTS Speaking chủ đề Personality nhé. Bước chuẩn bị từ vựng theo topic này sẽ đóng vai trò là bước đầu ttiên trong chiến lược luyện IELTS Speaking hiệu quả cho người mới bắt đầu.
Chúc các bạn học tốt!