Cách này có nghĩa là bạn sử dụng trực tiếp, chính xác những số liệu, giá trị, phần trăm được cho sẵn trong đề bài hay biểu đồ, bảng, v.v…
Số nhỏ hơn 10 viết bằng chữ, lớn hơn 10 viết bằng số.
Five percent of the employees were late this month.
More than 50 percent of the students handed in their assignments late after the long weekend.
Số đứng đầu câu viết bằng chữ.
Wrong: 25 students were from China.
Right: Twenty-five students were from China.
· Two hundreds units of the ice cream sold weekly are blueberry flavored.
· Four hundreds of the ice cream cups sold in the school were vanilla flavored.
· Six hundreds units of chocolate flavoured ice cream were sold.
2. Sử dụng phần trăm
Chuyển đổi số liệu ra phần tram hoặc phỏng đoán phần trăm của dữ liệu mà muốn nói tới để diễn đạt dữ liệu.
1 số từ đi kèm với phần trăm:
10% increase, 25 percent decrease, increased by 15%, dropped by 10 per cent, fall at 50%, reached to 75%, tripled, doubled, one-fourth, three-quarters, half, double fold, treble, 5 times higher, 3 timers lower, declined to about 49%, stood exactly at 43%.
· Fifty percent of all ice cream sold were chocolate flavored.
· Thirty-three percent of the ice cream sales were the vanilla flavored option.
· Seventeen percent of the school’s ice cream cup sales represented those flavored blueberry. Based on this data, the school should order this flavor the least for the following weeks, as it does not seem as popular with students, as the chocolate flavored one.
3. Sử dụng cấu trúc danh từ bắt đầu với “a”
Sử dụng những cụm từ để diễn đạt dữ liệu. 1 số cụm từ phổ biến:
a small number a huge number a minority
a large group a small group a majority
Cách đổi phần trăm:
50% = a half
33% = a third
25% = a quarter
20% = a fifth
10% = a tenth
66% = two thirds
75% = three quarters
10% = one in ten
20% = two in ten etc etc
over 50% = a majority
under 50% = a minority
4% = A tiny fraction.
24% = Almost a quarter.
25% = Exactly a quarter.
26% = Roughly one quarter.
32% = Nearly one-third, nearly a third.
49% = Around a half, just under a half.
50% = Exactly a half.
51% = Just over a half.
73% = Nearly three quarters.
77% = Approximately three quarter, more than three-quarter.
79% = Well over three quarter.
2% = A tiny portion, a very small proportion.
4% = An insignificant minority, an insignificant proportion.
16% = A small minority, a small portion.
70% = A large proportion.
72% = A significant majority, A significant proportion.
89% = A very large proportion.
- A small group shows to have taken interest in studying German, as well as, Spanish.
· A minority is shown to represent those studying German, Spanish and French.
· According to the Eurostat survey, a very large number choose to study English. In fact, this number is larger than putting all the other top three languages together.
4. Sử dụng phrase bắt đầu với “Of”
4.1. “Of” có nghĩa là “taken from” (lấy từ)
“Of the research made”
“Of the data gathered”
“Of the observation made”
Of the survey conducted by Eurostat in 2015, English is the number one language studied in the world.
Of the research made, people who studied English, at 94%, far outnumbered those who studied other languages, the next being only 23% which is French.
Of the data gathered, chocolate shows as the best-selling flavor in the school.
Of the totals derived, vanilla shows as the second most popular flavor to the students.
4.2. “Of” có nghĩa là “out of the”
“Of the participants in the survey”
“Of the total number of…”
“Of the initial attendants…”
Of the total participants in the survey conducted by Eurostat in 2015, 94% study English.
Of all the languages in the world, the most popular is English.
Of the total number of ice cream cups sold, 400 of them were vanilla.
Of all the flavors of ice cream sold, chocolate is no doubt the best-seller.