NGOC ANH IELTS chào tất cả các bạn! Hôm nay cùng NGOC ANH IELTS học về Idioms hay IELTS speaking part 3 nhé!
Hard Nut To Crack
Definition: a problem that is hard to solve or a person who is hard to understand
- Tom sure is a hard nut to crack. I can’t figure him out.
Down the road
Definition: In the future
- I may at some point travel around the world but that’s down the road.
Put one’s cards on the table
Definition: Be open and honest about your feelings and intentions
- I thought it was time I laid my cards on the table, so I told her that I had no intention of being her lover.
Definition: Use one’s best resource/weapon
It’s time to play our ace and put our strongest player.
Definition: To skip a school class | not go to school without excuse
- Ifshe cuts class more than 4 times, she‘ll fail the course.
Bone Of Contention
Definition: The main point of an argument.
” Nowadays, the increase in white-collar crime has become a bone of contention between politicians.”
Eat The Humble Pie
Definition: To accept you were wrong in humiliating circumstances.
“The producers of the advert had to eat humble pie and apologise for misrepresenting thefacts.”
Accidentally On Purpose
Definition: If you do something accidentally on purpose, you intend to do it but you pretend that it was an accident
- I accidentally on purpose erased my teacher’s email address, so I couldn’t contact her again.
CHÚC CÁC BẠN THÀNH CÔNG!