NGOC ANH IELTS chào tất cả các bạn! hôm nay NGOC ANH IELTS sẽ giới thiệu đến các bạn những idioms cực hay chủ đề HAPPINESS để các bạn tham khảo và học tập nhé. Những Idioms được sử dụng đúng cách và theo chủ đề phù hợp sẽ giúp bài thi của bạn ấn tượng.
1. Get a kick out of something = Enjoy doing smt every much: Bạn rất thích làm gì
E.g: I get a kick out of podcasts
2 . Over the moon – to be extremely pleased or happy: cảm thấy cực kỳ hạnh phúc, vui vẻ
E.g: I was over the moon when I passed my speaking test.
E.g: I have been over the moon ever since i got engaged
3. Like a dog with two tails: Nhìn rất hạnh phúc
E.g: Was he pleased? He was like a dog with two tails.
4. Full of the joys of spring (When you are energetic, cheerful and happy):Tràn đầy niềm vui, năng lượng hạnh phúc
E.g: James must have had some good news, he’s full of the joys of spring today.
5. Happy as Larry
When you are as happy as Larry, you are, of course, very happy. But who is Larry? No one is certain but it is believed that ‘Larry’ refers to an Australian boxer called Larry Foley (1878 – 1917) who after receiving a large payment after winning a fight was described in a newspaper as being ‘happy’. Somehow this description stuck and is now used all these years later.
E.g: My daughter was as happy as Larry with her birthday present.
6. On top of the world : To feel ecstatic, enjoy great health, success.
E.g: I’ve been feeling on top of the world since I started doing yoga every morning.
7. On cloud nine:A person who is on cloud nine is overjoyed because something wonderful has happened.
E.g: She’s been on cloud nine since she found out she is pregnant.
8. In seventh heaven: To be so happy it feels like you are in heaven.
E.g: I was in seventh heaven when I landed my dream job.
9. Having a whale of a time : To have a very good time, have an exciting or fun time
E.g: We had a whale of a time on holiday.
10. Burst with joy: To be so filled up with happiness as to be unable to contain it.
E.g: My kids burst with joy when we told them we were going to the theme park over the weekend.
[for someone] to be full to the bursting point with happiness. (To be so filled with joy as if to burst.)
E.g: When I got my grades, I could have burst with joy. Bill was not exactly bursting with joy when he got the news.
11. Buzzing : Excited for something that’s going to happen
E.g: Performing still gives him a buzz.
CHÚC CÁC BẠN THÀNH CÔNG!