NGOC ANH IELTS chào tất cả các bạn! Hôm nay cô sẽ chia sẻ tiếp với các bạn những idiom về chủ đề HAPPINESS cho các bạn nhé!
1 Be in a transport of delight/joy: To feel extremely happy or pleased
I’ve been in a transport of delight ever since I got engaged—I just can’t stop looking at my ring!
2. Grin from ear to ear: To have a broad, enthusiastic smile.
E.g: Tim was grinning from ear to ear when his bosses praised him during the ceremony. The kids ran around the beach in a happy frenzy, both of them grinning from ear to ear.
To smile a very wide, beaming smile.
E.g: She was grinning from ear to ear as she accepted the prize. We knew Timmy was happy because he was grinning from ear to ear.
3. Grin like a Cheshire cat: When one has a smile on his face being happy with something.
E.g: The term was popularized by the character in Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. I knew he had a prank planned for April Fools’ Day when he arrived at work grinning like a Cheshire cat.
4. Happy camper: A happy person.
E.g: The boss came in this morning and found his hard disk trashed. He was not a happy camper.
5. A joy to behold: A thing, event, or experience that creates a profound sense of joy or elation in the spectator.
E.g: The spring flowers in this part of the country are truly a joy to behold. The play was a joy to behold, full of beauty, warmth, and wit.
6. Happy-go-lucky: Always happy or in a pleasant mood; carefree.
E.g: Arya is so happy-go-lucky that I doubt any negative thing you say would bother her.
7. Be full of the joys of spring (humorous): To be very happy.
E.g: I was full of the joys of spring when I found out that I’d gotten an A on my hardest exam.
8. Buzzing : Excited for something that’s going to happen
E.g: Performing still gives him a buzz.
9. Jump for joy (= Leap for joy): To jump up because one is happy; to be euphoric, show exceptional excitement
E.g: He jumped for joy on being told the news.
10. Pride and joy: Something or someone that one is very proud of.
E.g: The bike soon became his pride and joy.
11. Weep for joy: To cry out of happiness
E.g: I wept with joy when I heard the news. ( Weep – Wept)
CHÚC CÁC BẠN HỌC TẬP TỐT!