Chào các bạn, hôm nay mình xin chia sẻ một số bài mẫu liên quan đến IELTS Speaking bao gồm cả 3 Parts với topic liên quan đến Work/Job. Các bạn đang đi làm có thể tham khảo để luyện thi IELTS, khi đi thi nếu gặp topic này thì áp dụng ngay, dễ ăn điểm trọn vẹn.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions:
- Do you work or study?
Answer: Well, for the past couple of years, I’ve been working for [ABC Company] as a [a job’s title], which is among the top 10 listed firms in my country.In fact, this is my first job ever & I love it so much, and I think it’s a very interesting, yet challenging line of work. Currently I’m working really hard to contribute to the success of this prestigious company.
- Why did you choose your job?
Answer: I am really into[……], and I always believe that I was born for [……]. My dream is to be a successful […..] one day.
- What do you like about your job?/ Why did you choose to do that type of work?
Answer: I guess it’s mainly because of the job flexibility & my passion for journalism. To be more specific, this job offers me alternatives to the typical nine-to-five work schedule, enabling me to find a better balance between work and life. Besides, this job gives me opportunities to pursue my dream to become a journalist down the road.
- Job flexibility (expression) gives employees flexibility on how long, where and when they work.
Answer: Nine-to-five work (phrase) the normal work schedule for most jobs
Answer: Well I guess the thing I like most about this job is the salary. I make what I’d consider is a lucrative income, which means not only is it enough to cover my bills, but there’s also some extra to spend on whatever I want. So on payday, I often treat myself to a meal at a high-end restaurant or splurge on a nice shirt.
– Lucrative income: Thu nhập sinh lời
– High-end: the most sophisticated, and typically the most expensive product in a line: tinh vi nhất và thường đắt nhất, hiểu nghĩa cao cấp.
– Splurge on something: to spend a lot of money on someone or something: ý hiểu để chi tiêu rất nhiều tiền vào một ai đó hoặc một cái gì đó.
What do you dislike about your job?
Answer: Sometimes I feel dead tired when sitting in front of a computer screen all day long to deal with overwhelming workload. I mean, I’ve led a sedentary lifestyle which really exerts a negative effect on my physical & mental health & I have had a very hectic schedule, which always keeps me up to my ears in deadlines. Down the road I am yearning for a job that involves dealing with people & makes me feel less stressful.
– Dead tired: exhausted ( Mệt mỏi, kiệt sức)
– All day long: during the entire day (cả ngày dài, suốt cả ngày)
– Overwhelming: very intense (Áp đảo, rất mãnh liệt)
– Sedentary lifestyle: a type of lifestyle with little or no physical activity (Lối sống ít vận động, chỉ một loại lối sống với ít hoặc không có hoạt động thể chất)
– Hectic: busy (ý chỉ bận rộn)
– Up to my ears in something: busy doing something (ý chỉ bận rộn để làm điều gì)
– Down the road: in the future (thành ngữ ý chỉ trong tương lai)
– Yearn for: to feel a powerful desire for something (để cảm thấy một mong muốn mạnh mẽ cho một cái gì đó)
Is there some other kind of work you would rather do?
Answer: Actually, I don’t think I’m able to dedicate myself to any other job rather than this one. In fact, to me it’s the experiences and opportunities I can gain that really matters.
To dedicate to Sth: devote (time or effort) to a particular task or purpose ( ý chỉ cống hiến (thời gian hoặc công sức) cho một nhiệm vụ hoặc mục đích cụ thể)
Where do you want to see yourself in 10 years?
Answer: Well, this question pops into my mind from time to time, but to be honest, I have never managed to have an answer for it. I reckon that 10 years is such a long time and anything could happen, so it is hard to tell from now.
Do you miss being a student?
Answer: I surely will miss my student life once I get involve in the workplace. For me I think when I’m a student, at least I have someone guide me, whereas at work mostly you must guide yourself. The academic environment appears to be a comfort zone for me, while I’m sure I’ll struggle with fitting in the working environment.
– To get involve in: to become a part of (an organization) nghĩa là để tham gia vào, trở thành một phần của một tổ chức, cơ quan.
– To fit in: to become suitable or appropriate for Sth or S nghĩa là để phù hợp với, để trở thành phù hợp hoặc thích hợp cho Sth hoặc SO.
What do you do after work?
Answer: I normally cook dinner, relax and walk my dog. Depending on my schedule, I might have plans with friends to meet for a coffee or shopping. In summer I go to the beach for a couple of hours then return home to cook dinner.
Một số câu hỏi khác cần chú ý:
– Would you like to change your job in the future?
– What would you change about your job?
– Do you prefer working alone or with others? Why?
– How many hours do you work each day?
– Do you have to work with other people?
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe your idea of making a good first impression in a job interview.
You should say:
– why it is important.
– is it important to make a good last impression as well
– what ways would you do it in your job interview
– and explain how to make a good first impression in a job interview.
Band 8 Sample Answer:
It’s of common sense that most people at my age are now seeking for good job opportunity. Thus, I have to get to know how to leave a good first impression in a job interview. Today, I would like to share with you some of my knowledge about this topic.
In a professional situation, the first impressions are significantly important. Most job interviews don’t last more than 45 minutes. In such a short period of time, from those who don’t know anything about ourselves, we have to persuade them that we are qualified enough for the position we applied for. Thus, a good first impression can help to increase the success rate in our application process.
There are many things a candidate can do create positive first impression. You may choose following some among these tips or all of them, such as arriving on time for the interview, dressing formally, use appropriate ways of behavior and communications. Besides, there are some noted points that you should pay much attention to like job description, company information which you acquired through researches. By going through the required tasks and skills for the vacancy, company’s culture or giving some suggestions to improve productivity of the tasks you might be in charge of when you take that position can help you stand out from other candidate. For me, I would choose to follow all tips above.
Apart from first impression, I strongly believe that last impressions are important as well. Often we are not accepted immediately in the interview. Recruiting team will have to take into account all candidates’ performances during the interview to choose the most suitable ones for the position. Therefore, good first impression only is not enough, we have to build good relationship with recruiters by making good last impression, too. By doing so, we showed our respect to recruiters and the job we apply for.
Being in a job interview is not an enjoyable experience. However, we have to get through it to pursue our dream jobs. Thus, we should prepare well enough for occasions like that.
– be of common sense: something are widely known (ý chỉ độ phổ biến chung, một cái gì đó được biết đến rộng rãi)
Ex: The fact that “the sun rises in the east and set in the west” is of common sense.
– go through: study carefully about ( ý chỉ học hành, nghiên cứu cẩn thận về)
Ex: Collins went through every legal book she could find.
– vacancy: a job that no one is doing and is available for someone new to do ( ý chỉ vị trí tuyển dụng)
Ex: There is a vacancy for a shop assistant on Saturdays.
– stand out: to be much better than other similar things or people ( ý chỉ nổi bật, tốt hơn nhiều so với những thứ hoặc những thứ tương tự khác)
Ex: We had lots of good applicants for the job, but one stood out from the rest.
– take into account: to consider or remember something when judging a situation
Ex: A good architect takes into account the building’s surroundings.
– get through: to manage to deal with a difficult situation (vượt qua, ý chỉ để quản lý đối phó với một tình huống khó khăn)
Ex: I just have to get through the first five minutes of my speech, and then I’ll be fine.
Other similar topics: Describe the job you would most like to have
You should say:
– what this job would be
– where you would work
– which qualifications you would need and
– explain why you would like to have this job most.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions:
Which jobs would you say are most respected in your country?
Answer: Well, I have never thought about this, but I reckon that professional careers such as the fields of law, education, and medicine may be the most highly-acclaimed ones. It is mainly because of the fact that people working in these fields can easily earn lucrative income compared to others.
Some people say it’s better to work for yourself than be employed by a company. What’s your opinion?
Answer: Well, I used to be a full time employee & felt very stressful. To be specific, most of the time, I had a hectic schedule & was up to ears in heavy workloads to meet deadlines. Therefore, although running my own business is really challenging, I do feel far more comfortable with it.
What changes in employment have there been in recent years in your country?
Answer: As far as I know, more and more people, especially the young generations are involved in setting up their own businesses. Thus, the “start-up” community is now more alive than ever, especially tech startups.
What are some of the important things a candidate should find out before accepting a job?
Answer: Well, this is an interesting question. If I were offered a job, I would definitely go through the company’s compensation package such as salary, allowances, maternity or paternity leave, insurance, pension plans, vacations, etc. Also, I’d need to know about my area of responsibilities so that I can make sure that I will not be overwhelmed with heavy workloads down the road.
Chúc các bạn học tốt!