Trong bài học hôm nay, NGOC ANH IELTS chia sẻ với các bạn câu trả lời mẫu ielts speaking part 2 chủ đề WORK/ JOB để các bạn tham khảo nhé!
Describe your idea of making a good first impression in a job interview.
You should say:
– why it is important.
– is it important to make a good last impression as well
– what ways would you do it in your job interview
– and explain how to make a good first impression in a job interview.
Band 8 Sample Answer:
It’s of common sense that most people at my age are now seeking for good job opportunity. Thus, I have to get to know how to leave a good first impression in a job interview. Today, I would like to share with you some of my knowledge about this topic.
In a professional situation, the first impressions are significantly important. Most job interviews don’t last more than 45 minutes. In such a short period of time, from those who don’t know anything about ourselves, we have to persuade them that we are qualified enough for the position we applied for. Thus, a good first impression can help to increase the success rate in our application process.
There are many things a candidate can do create positive first impression. You may choose following some among these tips or all of them, such as arriving on time for the interview, dressing formally, use appropriate ways of behavior and communications. Besides, there are some noted points that you should pay much attention to like job description, company information which you acquired through researches. By going through the required tasks and skills for the vacancy, company’s culture or giving some suggestions to improve productivity of the tasks you might be in charge of when you take that position can help you stand out from other candidate. For me, I would choose to follow all tips above.
Apart from first impression, I strongly believe that last impressions are important as well. Often we are not accepted immediately in the interview. Recruiting team will have to take into account all candidates’ performances during the interview to choose the most suitable ones for the position. Therefore, good first impression only is not enough, we have to build good relationship with recruiters by making good last impression, too. By doing so, we showed our respect to recruiters and the job we apply for.
Being in a job interview is not an enjoyable experience. However, we have to get through it to pursue our dream jobs. Thus, we should prepare well enough for occasions like that.
– be of common sense: something are widely known (ý chỉ độ phổ biến chung, một cái gì đó được biết đến rộng rãi)
Ex: The fact that “the sun rises in the east and set in the west” is of common sense.
– go through: study carefully about ( ý chỉ học hành, nghiên cứu cẩn thận về)
Ex: Collins went through every legal book she could find.
– vacancy: a job that no one is doing and is available for someone new to do ( ý chỉ vị trí tuyển dụng)
Ex: There is a vacancy for a shop assistant on Saturdays.
– stand out: to be much better than other similar things or people ( ý chỉ nổi bật, tốt hơn nhiều so với những thứ hoặc những thứ tương tự khác)
Ex: We had lots of good applicants for the job, but one stood out from the rest.
– take into account: to consider or remember something when judging a situation
Ex: A good architect takes into account the building’s surroundings.
– get through: to manage to deal with a difficult situation (vượt qua, ý chỉ để quản lý đối phó với một tình huống khó khăn)
Ex: I just have to get through the first five minutes of my speech, and then I’ll be fine.