Dưới đây là bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 2 viết cho đề tài Television, đã được highlight các cụm từ hay, các bạn có thể ghi chú để áp dụng vào các bài có chủ đề tương tự nhé.
Đề bài này thuộc dạng Discuss & opinion nếu các bạn gặp khó khăn với dạng bài này thì tham khảo thêm BÀI VIẾT này nhé!
Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 2 topic television
Đề bài: Some people think watching TV is bad for children, while others think that watching TV has more beneficial effects on children. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
It is argued that watching television has an adverse impact on children, whereas other people believe that it brings various benefits to them. I personally agree with the second group.
On the one hand, there are a number of reasons why some people think that children’s development would be negatively affected by watching TV. The first reason is that sitting in front of TV screens for too long is detrimental to children’s health. Many kids these days suffer from various health problems such as obesity, eye strain or fatigue due to prolonged television watching. Another reason is that many TV programs and movies contain violent contents or sexual images which are inappropriate for children to watch. Heavy exposure to violent movies can put a child at a higher risk of violent behavior, which could ruin their future.
On the other hand, I personally believe that television has an essential role to play in the development of children. Watching educational TV programmes gives children the opportunity to widen their horizons and enrich their knowledge of the world they live in. Planet Earth and Discovery Channel are prime examples. Their programmes not only take the viewer into unknown natural habitats which are home to various plants and animals, but also educate them about the importance of preserving the wonders of the Earth. In addition, many TV shows and channels provide children with limitless knowledge of almost every aspect of life. A programme called ‘Talent show for kids?’, for example, not only gives children enjoyable moments but also informs them about various subjects.
In conclusion, although some people say that watching TV is harmful to children, I would argue that it is very beneficial for them.
(283 words, band 8.0, tham khảo)
Từ vựng hay
- has an adverse impact on…: có ảnh hưởng tiêu cực lên…
- brings various benefits: mang lại hàng loạt lợi ích
- to be negatively affected by: bị ảnh hưởng tiêu cực bởi
- to be detrimental to: có hại cho
- suffer from various health problems: mắc hàng loạt vấn đề về sức khỏe
- obesity, eye strain or fatigue: béo phì, mỏi mắt hay mệt mỏi
- prolonged television watching: việc xem TV quá lâu
- Heavy exposure to: việc tiếp xúc quá mức
- put a child at a higher risk of: đặt đứa trẻ vào nguy cơ cao bị vấn đề gì
- has an essential role to play in…: có vai trò thiết yếu trong…
- widen their horizons: mở rộng tầm nhìn
- enrich their knowledge: làm giàu vốn kiến thức
- limitless knowledge of almost every aspect of life: kiến thức vô hạn của hầu hết các khía cạnh của cuộc sống.
Chúc các bạn học tốt!